Friday, December 31, 2010

Friday, last day before the first day

Today was a very productive day. Roger spent the day with Mom recording the thoughts and stories of her past.  Most will tickle the funny bone, some bring a tear, but hearing the memories through her eyes was another blessing.  So many things I either had never realized or had maybe forgotten.

I am so excited and truly feel blessed to have a brother with such wonderful talents. Who knew that his craft would make such an important mark in Mom's legacy. To hear the passion in her voice about the love of her family. A true gift for us all.

Tressa and Christine can yesterday, with the hopes of seeing Ryan & his family today, but melding schedules is not always an easy task.  Boyd and Gay (Ron's parents) came to have dinner this evening, so our new years eve party was finished by 6pm! Yep it's official, I are old!

The girls begin their move tomorrow, so I guess you know were I will be! They found a wonderful 3 bedroom home in a great community complete with it's own water park.  I'm think'n the monsters are gonna love their aunts this summer!!! (for those of you who are not familiar, the monster men are my most amazing grandsons. The two greatest little gifts on the planet) We are currently awaiting the little princess in June!

It was so nice to hear and see  mom laughing today.  She has had many phone calls and is loving the freedom of calling when she pleases.  It is a true joy to have her here, and I am so grateful that we are in a position to do what we are doing.

Now for my Aunts!  Aunt Linda, you need to take care of yourself, as you too have had allot to deal with this past month. Take care of your self! I can only be in one state at a time, and I'm usually in the state of confusion, so get well quick please!!! Prayers are with you daily!

And Aunt Margaret!  Don't you be feeling left out and not part of the chest-palpation club!! I need you to keep on being my rock! But you too better take care of yourself and get in to see the doc if you don't get to feeling better! To many people love you!

Here's wishing all a safe an wonderful new year.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like everyone has had a very nice day. By the way I am fine. I believe it was just a touch of the flu.

    I love all of you. I will talk to you soon.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marj and Roger for being so terrific. I only wish that there hadn't been so many miles between us all for so many years.

    I am glad to hear that you are getting to see all of your family over this holiday weekend. I have both my boys at home right now and am loving (almost) every minute of it.

    Aunt Bonnie...I will call this afternoon to chat. I love you and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, I am waiting to talk to you again.

    E-mails and posting comments are Great, but talking is a lot more fun. I love to hear your voices.

    To everybody: Marj & I did not know how difficult it would be for you to get on my blog or to post comments to me on it. So sorry it is so difficult for you. On this end it is easy for us to do. We wanted a place to go to tell all of you in 1 writing about my daily activitis and to hear from you. It gets very tiring writing out so many e-mails. Lots of love to all of you, bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie. Don't worry about the difficulty. Anything worth having is worth working for.Just finished watching the Packer game. Hope you are in good spirits and want you to know that Barb and I think of you often. Give Marj our love Gary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Bonnie. Please give Marj's husband our love too . How crude of me to forget him. Its below zero here and ice has formed all over the place. I am going to go out and see if I can find some sand today. Wish me luck. Love Gary

    ReplyDelete