Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thursday, the day after Wednesday and followed by Friday

As the new year approaches, I guess it is only normal to review the past year. Ours has been filled with both trial and blessings. More blessings than trials I am happy to say.

Today, I drove back to Wichita Falls to moms doctor's, who supplied her with a 2 week complimentary supply of her chemo, hoping that it will be enough until her insurance approves her treatment.  The Doctor had to write a letter to the insurance company and make sure that she fits the criteria for the medication.  The cost as I said before is $22,000 per month, which breaks down to a mere $261 and change per tablet, but she is suppose to take 3 per day. Chump change really!!!!

But we are so grateful for the blessing of the sample package.  She is able to take it at home, with no 5-7 hours therapy session at the Cancer Treatment Facility.  It is nice for her to do this in the comfort of our home.

Poor Steve gets really bored around here.  But he has been busy making his jewelry.  Some very magnificent pieces. We must make sure we don't let him get lost in all this.  I am sure he would welcome calls as does mom.

She had an awesome day yesterday and today.  I think she is feeling better than she has in a long time.

I am going to apologize now to any and all who I was not able to notify many in person. I had planned to make calls as Mom did not want the news made public until either she or I had a chance to let people know.  Now that it is published in the Sunday Sidewalk, there may be many of you who did not get to find out as we had planned.  So again I am so sorry if I had hurt any ones feelings.  It has just been a bit overwhelming to say the least. My brain is running in 40 different directions.

Be sure to write, ask questions or call.  She loves hearing from others.  Thank you to all who have called it helps her so much to hear from loved ones and friends.  If she does not answer, leave a message and she will call you back.

Luv to all and wishing blessings to all who are in need!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bonnie,

    Do all three pills get taken at once or are they spaced out? My thoughts and prayers are with you on this journey.

    Would someone post a couple of pictures of Steve's jewelry. I for one would like to see it.

    ReplyDelete