Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Always Preparing

Have you ever noticed, we are always preparing? The next meal, what to have for supper? What to wear to work? Which shoes go with that outfit? Ok-so maybe that is girlie thing!!!! The new snow storm we are expected to get on Tuesday night, oh wait that is today!!! Better get prepared!!

But the biggest preparation, we all put off, is our immortality. We all have our own way of preparing. Most of the time, we always think, we have so much time. For mom her time is now short.  She was preparing before Roger and I mad it to Montana to get her in December.  She had found all her important papers, made sure I knew were everything was, and bills she had paid, but been double billed for....they weren't getting any more of her money!!! We are always preparing. Now as the time grows, closer, even I have been preparing for mom's departure from this world, or have I.  I still think there is more time, to say all the things I need to say, do all i things I need to do......but in the end are any of us ever ready?

Mom's speech is slow and almost inaudible now. She can no longer drink through the straw. Now is the time for me to prepare for what awaits int he coming days. I am so glad Roger, Shellie and Clayton were able to be here this weekend, along with Tress and Christine.  She so enjoyed the company.  She needed to say goodbye.  After they all left, she said she was glad she could visit with them, and knew it would be the last time she would see Roger.  How proud she was of Clayton and the girls. How awesome Brandon was doing, and what a fine young man he had become. How proud she was of her Grandkids.  She was so happy that Roger had done such a fine job of making a wonderful life for his family.

She was happy to have been able to finally get to Texas (our house) and so have seen the beautiful home Roger and Shellie had built.  She gave me a few praises as well, that I humble accepted.

She was also so grateful that her brothers and Sister had been able to make it down, while she was still able to get around

It has been terrible hard to watch her body fail, but I am grateful to the Lord that he allowed her mind to stay sharp, so that she could communicate her wishes, her love and her needs.

I am so thankfull that I have had this opportunity to care for her, and to make her remaining time as comfortable and peaceful as possible. I wouldn't have changed that for the world.  Our parents give us so much, it is only a tiny way I can repay all she has done for me over the years.

Please pray for her comfort and  know that she loves you all.  We thank everyone for all the prayers an, calls and emails.  They are all so appreciated.

Luv to all-Make time to talk to our Heavenly Father and remember to tell the ones you love you love 'em!!! Cuz before ya know it, they will have slipped away..................

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Marj: I thank the Lord that you have taken the role as your mother's caretaker at this time. She loves you and Roger and your families so much. It has always been as it ever shall be! Uncle Gary

    ReplyDelete