Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Quiet day

Mom was blessed with a wonderful afternoon yesterday, and an awesome conversation with Roger. I had gone into town for an appointment. The morning was sad, as mom was not really coherent, and struggled trying to find a comfortable place.  She was very weak, and needed 100% attention.  My awesome mother in law came to care for mom while I was gone.  Upon my return, mom was on the phone with Roger, and had eaten sherbet ice cream (her favorite) and had drank more water in half an hour than in the past 3 days!  It was wonderful to have her back, even if it was for a short time.  She had a very restful night, and a plesant day today.  She still sleeps most of the time, but appears to be comfortable and pain free.

Hospice brought her an air mattress today, to try to make her more comfortable.  Things just get sore, when you lay in the same place most of the time.  I try to get her to lay to her side, but doesn't last long, as her hip hurts her so bad.  What ever she want, in order to keep her comfy.

We were blessed with 5 of the cutest lab puppies today.  Tressa's dog woke Christine up about 1am.  Guess the proud papa knew his honey might need help.  Tressa stayed up with her, I went back to bed, as Tressa & Lucy(the mama) appeared to have everything under control.
I awoke this morning to find a head count of 3.  By 10am -the count was 4 boys- 1 girl.  All the darker yellow lab. Cute Cute Cute!!!!







I am excited to see my little monster men and my favorite daughter in law (and the baby granddaughter she' pack'n) tomorrow.  They are coming over to hang out.  Think we will make cookies! In case you didn't get it from the previous sentences, I kinda like my monsters and their mama allot!!!!!!!!! Really allot! She's a most spectacular mother! The boys are recovering from double ear infections. Poor guys.  Gramma cuddle time should be great medicine! (if not for them it will be the best medicine for me)

We are expecting another cool 10 degrees during the night.  BUT-YEA-warming up from here.  60's over the weekend and into the upper 70's Thursday next week! I am soooooo ready for spring!!!!!



Well onward and forward. Hope everyone is having a wonderful evening. I want to thank everyone again who has sent mom emails and cards, or called and sent face-book messages.  I read them all to her.  We are all grateful for the prayers.  My prayers for her now primarily are for her peace and comfort.
 It is important to her to not be alone.  She is never alone, ad the girls are here and between us all, we have been able to insure all her needs are promptly met. 

I am so blessed to have this time with her, and am so grateful to all those who had a hand in getting her here without incident.  I praise God for his enormous hand in accomplishing all the things that have been needed, and seem almost magically to come together. Not magic, just the big man's hands all over it! So glad Faith and Prayers are such awesome gifts from our Heavenly Father.  How amending it is to understand how his grace and love nurture us and protect us from ourselves!

Luv to all, hug your luved ones tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment