Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's a bit frosty here!

Today's high, was a warm 14 degrees. We currently have below zero wind chills.  This is hardest on the animals I think.  We are warm and cozy in our little shack on the flat!  As long as the power does not go out.

We have a generator, but like usual, it is not ready.  It is in the shed. Hoping it just can stay there!!!

Mom has slept the day away.  Awake long enough to each a few bites, but she has really rested. She has not done that for weeks.  Maybe she can catch up on some rest, and gain some strength back.  She is not asking for pain meds, so she's not hurting near as much. 

One of the side affects is rash and itching.  It seems to migrate. It was worst on her arm, a week ago or so, didn't itch for the first 5 days, then she pretty much wanted a wire brush to scratch with!.  It is now very prevalent on her back side.  Not a good place to be uncomfortable when you spend allot of time on your back in  bed.  I think the worst of it is over.

Hoping the propane truck comes on Wednesday.  Getting a bit low, but we have the old standby electric heaters, just in case.  I stocked up on most everything, I think, so other than watching from the inside out, and having to go out and do chores, not so bad.

I felt so bad for Ron.  He was out in it all day chasing compressors that kept dying and running wells. I really just do not miss the cold north winters.  This week is Heavenly fathers way of reminding me to appreciate the great south weather.  I would still rather have the few days of cold, than the multiple months were I come from.  You Eskimos have keep your snow! lol

Better get back to work.  It is wonderful to be able to work from home! Stayed in my PJ's all day, with the exception of the sasquatch suit I put on to go out and feed critters, who I might add, were very happy to see me!!!!!

Enjoy your evening and keep warm, The first pic is from Feb 12 last year, the snow is much deeper this year.  The second pic is my poor olyanders.  They were so heady with ice and snow they are bent to the ground.  They stand about 7-8 ft tall.


Luv to all from the frozen tundra...............

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will cross my fingers you don't loose electric. Glad ma was able to rest, hope the other stuff gets better. Lots of lotion may help. Just stay in and within a day or two the snow will melt. Unlike the WI family, they may have it awhile. Been thinking of you allot lately. Love to you and if I could I would send you some of our 70-80 degree weather. Love to all of you. Prayers also beeing sent ma's way. Need to post a new picture of the pool from this year.

    ReplyDelete