Saturday, February 12, 2011

What a glorious morning

Today I awoke a little after 8am, and my first thought was, "Oh my gosh, Mom" as usually I would be up by 6 to start her morning needs and breakfast.  I was into the hall way thing, wow I overslept, before registering what had transpied the previous day. What a hit to the gut! Instant pangs of missing mom. 

As hard as it was to let her go, I am so grateful that Roger-Tressa-Christine-Keira the monsters and Ron were here, as we were able to console on another in a way that only family can do.  What mixed blessing to be so saddened by the loss of a parent, but to have the privalaged joy of little feet and giggles romping around, what would have been an awful time.  Those little guys will never know what an important role they played in my heart ache.  They always make me smile and remind me of the purpose of our time here on this earth.  Their sweet little faces are God's pure love magnified a bazillion times over.

I am so glad the Steve was here with family, and not alone.  Although he has a great and wonderful church family in Sidney, who have been there for him every step of the way.  He has received so many calls-cards and emails.  I cannot express how much it has ment to him to keep in touch with those is has grown close to.

I will include mom's obituary, that will post in the following newspapers: Sidney, MT-Bowie, TX-Amarillo, TX-Chetek WI-and Kenosha

Because of the distance, and mother natures relentless blast of unpredictable weather, Roger and I felt it would be easier for us to travel to Kenosha, than for everyone to attempt to travel here.  Mom's wishes were to be cremated and her ashes interned with her parents and my dad, we will be making the journey sometime in the spring-early summer, and have a grand celebration of her life, including the songs of her choice which included her favorite "Hank Williams".  Roger and I always knew when she was mad, sad or ready tokill someone, swhen we came home and found ol Hank Blasting on the record player.  We knew it was- stay clear of mom time!! Ha ha

As I requested before, please keep the stories and memories coming, as we will be compiling a scrapbook of sorts to share at her memorial.  I think it will be fun for all to see and share.

Again, I want to thank everyone who has so diligently called, or written in which ever capacity.  It has been inspirering for us all.

Luv to all

No comments:

Post a Comment