Friday, February 11, 2011

Mom's Passing

Mom was greeting by those loved ones who have passed before her, about 2pm today. We are all so thankful and blessed by the experience of caring for her needs in these final days. Although short, her time here in Texas was filled with memories and happy times.

She enjoyed all the company who came to see her, the phone calls, cards and emails. To all who sent them, thank you for the bright spots in her day. She looked forward to seeing who wrote to her or posted on her blog or face book. It was one of our favorite times in the morning. Much more fun than the pokes and prods she endured do to her condition.

She really enjoyed all the emails from her cousin Pat, he child hood friend Paul and her Sister in Law Margaret. Thank you for never forgetting her, and NO-you were never bothering or interrupting anything that could not wait.

Mom always joked she would come back to haunt those 'who done her wrong' but I know she is just another angle among us. I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for allowing her to pass from this earth is a calm and peaceful way. She was so scared of being in pain or going through trauma. Just proves Heavenly Father knows his stuff!!!

Roger and I have decided to return Mom to Kenosha. She has requested to be cremated, so we will honor her wishes. Due to the long distance and cost of travel these days, Roger and I will plan a memorial in Kenosha later this spring or early summer. We will celebrate her life were it began so many years ago. I think it will make for a grand reunion of sorts, and give everyone a chance to make plans to attend who wish to and are able. She was against a traditional funeral, as she didn't want anyone “boo-hoo'n” as she put it. I think the memorial to celebrate her life at Washington Park perhaps, or one of the parks were she spent time with her family and friends as a child.

As we develop plans, we will certainly keep everyone posted, and accept suggestions. For now, enjoy your families, and appreciate those you love. They are very precious, and you never know when Heavenly Father will call you or a loved one home. Make every day special while you have the chance.

I have one request. Please take some time to write a short or long, note about how mom may have affected your life, or a great story to share. I think it would be amazing to put them together in a book and share them at the memorial.

Luv to all

6 comments:

  1. As I child I always loved my Aunt Bonnie. Some of my best memories are of her and my other aunts pretending to argue over who was my favorite. An impossible choice to make of course as I loved them all, but Aunt Bonnie would buy me off with a stick of Wrigley's gum...She will be missed. I am trying tonight to keep happy thoughts of her, because I know that is what she would want.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that she was able to pass peacefully. My memories are of Aunt Bonnie's restaurant, the "Rush Inn". I was so happy that my Aunt and cousins were living in Kenosha. I loved the visits to the restaurant, playing with Margie and Roger.... Aunt Bonnie and I didn't always see eye to eye when I became an adult. I'm so glad for the last phone call and facebook notes that we shared and I will miss her. She was an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite memory was when our family visited her and her family up north somewhere and she taught us how to make maple syrup from the trees when I was a kid. Also her crocheting and sewing items for me and my kids when I was older. OH and I have to tell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to tell a story on my son Juan when we stayed with her. We were sleeping and all of a sudden he was screaming. So we jumped up and ran into the bathroom. Bonnie had her teeth in the glass in the bathroom that he was going to get a drink out of. He could have only been like 5 at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marj, Your mom must have been a wonderful woman to have raised such a caring, loving person such as you are. One is never ready to give up one's mom. Please know we are thinking of you and your loss, and we love and appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the thoughts, prayers and well wishes.

    ReplyDelete