Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hump day!

It's hump day. Not the typical middle of the week kinda hump day, but the fact that we are through the worst of the cold weather here in Texas.  I think our high today was 15.  Suppose to get to -2 tonight.  For those of  you up north, I know this is just a normal winter day, but for us Texans (and yes I am officially a Texan-I was told when you have been here a year, your official-so I'm gonna go with that!!!) It is too freak'n cold!

Down here they don't bury water lines 6 ft deep, in fact most homes don't even have them buried! I am so glad we put in new insulation in our home remodel (ok-actually home  rebuild) but we still have not gotten the insulation into the attic!!! The heat bill is a bit ridiculous, but we are  keeping  warm.

I am not gonna complain to much, as it is going to warm up Saturday into the upper 50's.  Those up north are going to be stuck with snow for a long long time. I worry about the melt and then the flooding! Never a dull moment. Do you suppose it's mother natures sense of humor or is she just plain pissed off at the world. I know a few people like that! ha ha

We received a picture from moms cousin, showing the snow after they plowed, was up toi his armpit!  I'll just keep my 3-4 inches.  We don't even own a snow shovel.  Real Texans just let it melt!

For those of you who have been sending mom messages and emails, I have been reading them to her and she truly lights up. Her child hood friend who now lives in Alaska,(Way toooo cold for me-but Ron wants to visit so maybe someday) has written several times, and shared old memories.  Sure makes her smile!!!

She is having less pain, so her pain meds are down. Hope that is a good thing, but not sure.  About the time I think I have it figured out, it changes, so I guess I will just keep going with the flow.

Well it's official, we ran out of propane. Guess I spoke too soon earlier in this post. The truck was scheduled for Tuesday, but, well the weather--they are not running.  No worries, we have electric heaters, and mom is nice and toasty.  Ron is currently picking the heaters up from the storage unit.  We never get bored around here, that is for sure.

Roger and his family will be here for the weekend. Mom is looking forward to seeing Clayton(Roger's son) again.  She didn't get much time with Shellie (Rogers wife) when we brought mom & Steve down from Montana, so maybe they can get some time this trip.  I am glad it is not that far to Amarillo.  About 4 1/2 hours, although with the roads may take longer.  I am sure under the circomstances, it gets to be a very long drive for Roger.

I love hang'n with Clayton. I have been fortunate to have had two super great trips with  him this year! He is a blast.  I am sure he thinks I'm just his weird 'old' crazy aunt, not necessarily in that order!!!

I have 4 more online tests to take (Continuing Education Units) as required to maintain my weed sprayer license.  Guess tonight would be a good night to get that done, while it is quiet. I have fought with my computer today, getting a log in failure message at login! ugg. so I just cheated and used mom's.  I will have to tackle that as well.  Like I said, never a dull moment around here!!!!

Stay warm, and tell the ones ya love, ya luv 'em!!!

Luv to all, and may God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment