Wednesday, January 26, 2011

All quiet on the Texas front

The Wisconsinite's left early yesterday morning for their long trip home.  Uncle Butch said he would like to come visit me this summer and help me, but it is to long of a ride, so he better stay at Danny's.  It sounds like he enjoyed the ride and seeing the sights, but think he might rather stay with Aunt Lu for a while! Just listening to him, it was easy to tell he LOVES living in his apartment at Uncle Danny & Aunt Lu's!  Can't be more proud and happy of how well he is doing and how generally happy he truly is!!!!

He was a great help while he was here.  I enjoyed making chicken dumpling soup, and he was very attentive, to insure that it was stirred regularly and that did not scorch.  Couldn't have done it without him.  He also told me he really liked my living room. Could have something to do with the red color on two walls!

Aunt Linda was a trooper, making such a long trip while still doing cardiac rehab.  I hope everyone will continue to keep her in your prayers for a quick and uneventful recovery.  I was concerned with making sure that the meals met every one's diets, considering all are now diabetic.  Makes me more than concerned that I will eventually meet that same fate.  Guess diet and excercise now, is of more importance than ever.

I know mom really needed to see the youngest of the "5 little indians" the "28th street gang" as they were know as.  It was great therapy for her heart and soul, and I am quite sure it was for them as well.

One of my former students in Sidney posted the following on face book, I thought it was a great quote to share, although I am not quite sure were it came from:

When things are hitting you all at once, you might check to make sure you aren't traveling in the wrong lane!

Mom is completely wore out, but so enjoyed seeing everyone.  Today was much tougher on her than most, but overall, she  is doing amazingly well given the cicircumstances.  Keep the calls and prayers com'n-even the e-mails she enjoys reading.

Luv to all

1 comment:

  1. Hope their travel back is quiet and easy going. My prayers with them on their trip and a special one out to Linda. Hope you get some sleep. Ma, think of you everyday. Love to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete