Sunday, January 30, 2011

A goods night rest

We all managed a solid-good nights sleep last night.  I checked on mom numerous time, but she slept through the night and did not require any additional pain meds. So glad she got some well needed peace and quiet.

Bill and Pat Cunduff will be here to visit this afternoon. They are friends of Mom & Steve, from their church back home. Steve and Bill became very good friends, and the Cunduff's were "Lil Girl"s second home while mom was in the hospital in both Sidney and Billings.  They were so kind to take her in and care for her.  It gave Mom and Steve peace of mind were she was concerned.

Lil Girl has discovered that she really is a dog and not a people, as she now resides outside with our labs.  She adjusted fairly well, but I am sure she would rather sleep in Steve's bed if she were to get the opportunity.  I'm sure she views me as the bad guy, but she shed so much, and considering we are dealing with oxygen and keeping things clean, it was just a choice that  needed to be made.

We have enjoyed exceptionally warm weather lately.  I heard it was up to 79 yesterday.  I missed most of it,  The previous day was in the 70's as well.  We sure get spoiled to this warm stuff, so I am not going to complain to loudly when we get the expected 29 for a high on Tuesday!! Guess ya just have to take the good with the bad,  Having a 'few' of those bad days, should just make me appreciate the good days, RIGHT??? That's the story I'm gonna go with!!!! ha ha I know those of you who have suffered the harsh cold winter thus far this year, are finding little to no sympathy for me, so with that I would just like to point out that, you are used to the continued cold, we have 40 plus degree changes in matters of hours, which creates a traumatic temp change, not to mention never knowing which coat to actually take with you!  What, still not finding any sympathy for me? OK I'll quit whining!!!!

Well guess I will go bake something yummy for Pat & Bill.  I know Steve is excited to see them both.  He gets awe fully bored with us two nagging woman all the time. He is certainly outnumbered, as Ron works most of the time. He certainly enjoyed the visit from Mom's siblings

Thanks again for all the calls & prayers! They are so appreciated!!!!!'
Luv to all,

2 comments:

  1. A dog belongs outside for sure and Marjie got it right when she said Lil Girl probably just can't adjust to the fact that she's not a people. That's a rude awakening. Tell Bonnie that Barb and I love her and by the time you read this I will already have called.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea dog hair does seemm to get in places you don't even get dust. Best to be outside, even if she doesn't see it that way. Glad ma got a good nite sleep. Love and prayers being sent your way ma.

    ReplyDelete