Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jan. 9- The begining of a new week

It has been an uneventful weekend, although so many called Mom this week, and she caught up on family she may have missed.  I think she is liking having long distance-she doesn't have to worry about one of those  "Oh my gosh" phone bills.  She is also liking the higher speed Internet. (Notice-I said higher speed, not high speed-it is pretty fast, but still has me reaching for a big club--occasionally!!)  But it does allow her to view and send pictures and she can now watch videos.  She has had a blast watching Clayton's video! 

We have enjoyed the girls & Brandon's trip to Disney World.  I love that technology allows you to see pics as they happen.  Ya don't have to wait until they get back, and develop pictures.  It really amazes me sometimes.

We had a -all be it-brief snow scare this morning.  Started out raining, then turned to sleet-then big flakes, and for about 18 minutes, we  a full white ground cover.  Thank goodness, winter is now over!! 2 hours of winter is all I need!  haha We are expecting cool temperatures the remainder of the week, but looking forward to Saturdays warm 60's again.  This is the reason I moved to Texas!!! Warm winters!!!

Rumor has it, that Mom's siblings will be making the trek to North Texas! She is really looking forward to their visit.  I am sure we can find a place for everyone to sleep.  The dogs are usually good about sharing their doghouse, and barn is always full of hay! Just kidding... 

Roger and his family will also be heading this way soon, so my very quiet house is enjoying lots of activity and welcomed company.  Brandon will be back with the girls on Thursday, (I think) It is nice having the tree of them around if even for a short time.

I might get to sneak my monsters over one of these next few days.  Nothing better then hugs, smiles and giggles from my two little grandsons.

Thursday we head back to the doctor to see how the chemo is working, and what progress has been made.

Keep calling her, she loves hearing from everyone.  If you need the number, message me or follow the previous blogs.  It is posted. 

Luv to all, enjoy each other!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you will have a house full and maybe a barn full too. Love ya

    ReplyDelete