Sunday, January 23, 2011

WARNING! WARNING! The gangs all here!

 From Left to Right (Back row) Gary-Butch-Danny, and in front, Linda and Bonnie.

The Wisconsin-gang made the 17 hour trek from Fort Atkinson to Bowie Texas!

All survived the long trip and from the sounds of it, had a great time.  Uncle Butch told me he saw lots of things, but he was glad to finally get here.  It was a long trip!  I agree.

Saturday was spent in anticipation of their arrival.  They left at 6am and arrived here about 11:15pm.  Roger also came down Saturday night and was able to visit with mom for a while before the 28th street gang party began.  The party started with lots of hugs and hello's, and a tour of my home-(actually they all just wanted to know were the bathrooms were located!!)

The visit was cut short, as everyone discovered it was way past their bed times.  My wonderful mother in law had a spare guest room for two of my uncles to stay.  So everyone had their own beds to cozy up in and rest.  Everyone reported a good nights sleep, which got this morning up and running with lots of discussion and coffee drink'n!

Roger set up his magic recoding equipment (good to  have the movie guy in house!!) Following breakfast, multiple stories of their child hood and youth were shared.  Confession of past digressions and undiscovered pranks filled my home with laughter and lots of "you did what's??  It was amazing to listen to the stories as though they had just happened yesterday.  Filled with love and a true memories of a wonderful childhood.

The picture above was taken in my dinning room.  I spent the day listening, cooking, and enjoying Uncle Butch helping me make chicken dumpling soup.  I could not have done it without him!  How fun to spend the day with family.

Uncle Danny complained that the person he sees  in the mirror is not the person he expects to see in his mind.  I think that is an ailment we all seem to suffer from.

The girls were here most of the day, however Tressa suffered a nail in her tire,  but only an inconvenience-nothing that is incurable! That is what road side assistance is for right?

Red velvet cake was shared and enjoyed!!!!! No left overs.......And the bright spot of my day was my two awesomely cute grandsons racing in to the house and hunting me for lots of hugs and kisses, and trust me, I took everyone that were passing out! And stole a few more!

As much fun as I had, I realize I am pretty weary! Time for me to hibernate, to start all over again in the morning!

Luv to all,
Sweet dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment