Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday the 16th

I want to thank everyone who has offered thought and direction for covering the cost of mom's chemo treatment.  Here is what has been done so far.

I have two applications ready for submission to Pfizer, the manufacturer of the drug she is prescribed, and the other is to a cancer cost assistance network. Here's the catch though, Pfizer requires paperwork and proof of eligibility along with the info from the doctor and more paper work.  She may be eligible, but it will take 4-6 weeks for approval. So in the meantime, I either cover the cost while we wait or she goes without the medication. Considering that the two weeks she was on the medication made a difference, with the reduction of the amount of nodules in her last x-ray-waiting just cannot be in her future.

The second, a co-pay assistance network is one who's qualifications include that you have Medicare and the supplemental and drug coverage, which mom has, and finally having a low income, which should qualify her.  But again, the doctor must fill out and sign forms and there is a vast array of paperwork to submit as well.  This may be the better option, however it, as with Pfizer, it is hurry up and wait.  Time is not a luxury we currently have to waste! So depending on what I find out on Monday, when I go to the doctors on Tuesday, I will most likely be financing the pharmacists wages for the week! ha ha

I tried to win the lottery, but my dollar was just donated to the winner I guess!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, for those of you who work, Monday is tomorrow!

Luv to all

1 comment:

  1. Marjie The costs are so darn high and failure is not an option and unfortunately none of the family has the financial resources to pull this off. Prayer has been working and as before my prayers are with Bonnie and what the best situation we can glean from this. Uncle Gary

    ReplyDelete